We believe that including diverse suppliers in our sourcing process provides us the greatest opportunity to develop the most innovative, highest quality, and most cost-effective business solutions. Through direct experience, we know this strengthens our company on the inside and supports communities on the outside. We strive to ensure that our business leaders have a broad understanding of the business case for working with diverse suppliers and the competitive advantage that a robust Supplier Diversity process provides the company. We invite you to be part of the magic!
We support The Walt Disney Company's diversity strategy by developing and leading a world-class Supplier Diversity process that:
Identification - We identify minority, woman, veteran, and/or service-disabled veteran, LGBTQ, and/or disabled owned enterprises businesses for Disney professionals that are capable of meeting our business requirements.
Qualification - We determine relevant diverse business criteria such as competencies, geographical scope, and capacity.
Outreach - We actively seek diverse suppliers through participation in national, regional and local diverse-owned business development organizations, advocacy groups, and trade shows.
We realize there are many approaches to a diverse supply base for our enterprise. Some of our business needs require large, global companies for national or worldwide deals. Other times we can leverage small, nimble, local vendors that can meet special needs. The companies we evaluate can be national, regional, or local as long as they meet the diverse needs and objectives of our stakeholders. Interested in doing business with us?
Here are the next steps:
The growth and development of a diverse supply base is a commitment that The Walt Disney Company and its affiliates regard as crucial to our continued success. The mutual futures of our prime supply partners and our companies depend on capturing and retaining the loyalty of growing diverse markets.
The prime supplier program ensures inclusion of diverse suppliers throughout the Disney supply chain while optimizing resources through second tier diverse spend reporting. Support from all of our prime suppliers is necessary for us to achieve our goals and objectives. Prime suppliers can log in here and report their spend with minority, woman, veteran - service disabled veteran-owned, LGBTQ, and disabled owned firms. Sourcing professionals throughout the enterprise can log on and get reports on the prime's activity at any time.
Is this the first time you need to enter your second tier reporting? Please send us an email at Corp.email@example.com to request access to The Walt Disney Company’s second tier reporting tool.
It takes tremendous discipline, exacting standards, and high expectations to deliver the magic that Disney brands promise guests. For more than three decades, Disney Institute has been helping to advise and train a variety of organizations worldwide based on the business insights and best practices of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Below are a few best practices that we hope you and your business could use to recreate the same magic for your employees and clients.
By registering, you are visible to sourcing specialists throughout the Company. When an opportunity exists for which you qualify, we will contact you directly. This can sometimes be a lengthy process and your patience and understanding are appreciated. Make sure your info is up-to-date and comprehensive of any new products and services you offer.
Please visit TheWaltDisneyCompany.com for a full list of all our brands.
We look for suppliers who have been certified either by NMSDC, WBENC, Department of Veterans Affairs, NGLCC, or USBLN as minority, woman, veteran, service-disabled veteran, LGBTQ, or disabled owned enterprises. You should also:
• Demonstrate sales volume, profitability, and financial stability in the past three years.
• Deliver a comprehensive product or service.
• Have a presence in our key markets in the U.S. (Northeast, Orlando, Southern California).
• Possess a skilled management team with experience delivering to the media/entertainment/theme parks industry
The Walt Disney Company relies on best-in-class suppliers to provide the array of products and services needed to deliver unique, high-quality and innovative content, products and experiences to our consumers. We have diverse business partners that provide those products and services in every sourcing category – from janitorial to production; from promotional products to stainless steel. Every supplier has one thing in common: they bring top quality and value to The Walt Disney Company and just happen to be a minority, woman, veteran or service disabled veteran-owned business.
The products and services that Disney requires to deliver on our mission are endless and dynamic. As our businesses change and grow with technology and consumer demands, so do our needs. The best way to help satisfy these everchanging demands is to understand the different businesses that make us unique by reviewing our websites, reading our magazines, watching our shows and visiting our parks.
We're looking for suppliers that can help us anticipate our consumers' needs and continuously improve their experiences.
For purposes of the Program, the following definitions apply:
1. "Minority Business" means (1) a sole proprietorship at least 51% owned by Minority Group Members, Veteran, Disabled Veteran, or women; (2) a publicly-owned business in which at least 51% of the stock is owned by Minority Group Members or women; (3) a subsidiary which is wholly owned by a parent corporation, but only if at least 51% of the voting stock of the parent corporation is owned by Minority Group Members or women; (4) a joint venture in which at least 51% of the joint venture's management and control and earnings are held by Minority Group Members or women; or (5) Minority Group Members or women who manage and control daily operations of the business.
2. "Management" means those persons actively involved in the day-to-day management of the business and not merely holding the designation of officers or directors.
3. "Control" means exercising the power to make policy decisions.
4. "Minority Group Members" mean citizens of the United States of America who are male or female African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans (American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts, or Native Hawaiians), Asian Pacific Americans, and Subcontinent Asian Americans.
5. "Asian Pacific Americans" means persons with origins in Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Japan, China, Taiwan, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Korea, The Philippines, U.S. Territory of the Pacific Islands (Republic of Palau), Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated State of Micronesia, the Commonwealth of the North Mariana Islands, Guam, Samoa, Macao, Fiji, Tonga, Kiribati, Tuvalu, or Nauru.
6. "Subcontinent Asian Americans" mean persons with origins in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, the Maldives Islands, or Nepal.
7. “Veteran-Owned Business” means a small business that is at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by one or more veterans and certified by the Department of Veterans Affairs http://www.VA.gov under Federal Regulation 38 CFR 74.
8. “Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business” means a small business that is at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by one or more veterans with a service-connected disability and certified by the Department of Veterans Affairs http://www.VA.gov under Federal Regulation 38 CFR 74.
9. “Disabled-Owned Business” means a small business that meets for following criteria:
10. “LGBTQ-Owned Business” is a business at least 51% owned by a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Queer person or persons; whose management and daily operations are controlled by one or more of those individuals who are either United States citizens or lawful permanent residents as defined by the California Public Utility Commission General Order 156.
11. "Subcontract" includes the provision of any or all products and services (relative to providing) contracted for in the execution of the Agreement between Bidder and Disney.